Catch The DJ Firm's feature in Modern Luxury Weddings Chicago and click below get more information on booking TDF for your next corporate event or wedding!
The DJ Firm specializes in weddings, corporate events, production and nightlife, but occasionally show up and show out for the kids! This month we provided the soundtrack at a preschool dance for children ages 2-5 and their families. Parents participated in The Limbo, our littlest DJ's had an opportunity to practice their skills on the turntables and everyone belted out the words to their favorite "Frozen" songs. The DJ Firm truly does it all!
Click HERE to book The DJ Firm for your next corporate event!
The DJ Firm's own, DJ Jem and DJ Sye Young, were pleased to provide the soundtrack for Arlington Park's annual Independence Day Fireworks Night this year! With an expected crowd of over 40,000 people TDF was ready to deliver the entertainment leading up to one of the best and longest fireworks display in Arlington's history! Thank you for rocking with The DJ Firm!
Click HERE to book The DJ Firm for your next event!
- My real name is Clarence, but everyone knows me by my middle name, Eric or Jem.
- I got my first pair of turntables when I was 19; I hosted and threw college parties.
- My dad was a DJ, but he doesn't have a DJ name. He DJ'd house parties and parties in the Caribbean.
- My family is from Belize.
- My favorite artist right now is Bruno Mars because he's a great performer.
- I hate avocados. I used to hate tomatoes, but I can tolerate them now.
- I used to ride a motorcycle, I'd love to get one again, but my wife would kill me!
- My wife inspires me to be better every day.
- I used to be a graffiti artist; I drew a self portrait of Sye Young, but we lost it.
- I played football all through middle school, high school and college; I played defensive tackle.
- I coached high school football for a year.
- I've lost over 100 pounds!
- However, my proudest moment was when my son was born.
- When asked what my dream is in life; I just want my son to be successful!
- I love movies! My favorite movie is Man on Fire, followed by, Armageddon and Independence Day.
- My favorite drink is tequila and tropical Red Bull. My favorite tequila is Casamigos.
- What keeps me up at night? My English Bulldog, Diego. He never stops barking!
- I'm really into Cross-Fit & Shred 415.
- The most annoying question I get asked while DJing is; What we got coming up next?
- But I truly love what I do for a living and not everyone can say that!
Row 24 Event Space is located in the historic Motor Row district in Chicago's South Loop area. This vintage and delightful event space is family owned and operated by Chris and Dana Fountain whom come with many years of experience in the wedding and entertainment industries. This versatile space is perfect for your wedding, private party or corporate event. Chris and Dana even hosted their own wedding at Row 24 with the music powered by The DJ Firm! Customizable packages are available that can include; a sound system, table and chairs, a coat check and even a beverage package complete with custom bars. If you're looking for the perfect event space, look no further-click below to inquire today!
Miller + Miller Wedding Photography consists of a husband and wife team, Ryan & Sarah Miller, who specialize in wedding and engagement photography. Although they are based in Chicago, they also travel the world photographing weddings and have been in business for over ten years! The DJ Firm has had the opportunity to experience their photography style first hand as they were capturing the precious wedding moments-we were providing the soundtrack. They have photographed weddings inside some of Chicago's most elegant venues such as; The Signature Room at the 95th and the Waldorf Astoria Hotel Chicago. You can't go wrong with Miller + Miller Photography & TDF!
ECBG Cake Studio specializes in custom cakes, cookies and cupcakes for weddings, celebrations and private events. Erin Martin, founder and owner, opened her business in Chicago in 2011 and believes "cake is so valuable because it helps us celebrate the moments that really matter." We couldn't agree more! ECBG Cake Studio provides high quality and organic ingredients, offers a wide variety of savory and sweet flavors, all while incorporating a personal and custom touch. If you're looking for the perfect sweet to add to your celebration click below for more information!
Wedding Wire is a website that allows you to find local wedding venues and vendors in a "stress-free, hassle-free and just plain free way!" Not only can you plan your wedding with the help of Wedding Wire; but you can complete your registry, find inspiration and read the latest reviews before making any important decisions. The DJ Firm is a trusted Wedding Wire vendor, click below to get more information on what we offer and to read some of our glowing reviews! Book The DJ Firm today and let us give you an experience to last a lifetime!
Winter lasted a nice long nine months, but summer 2018 is almost here! The DJ Firm has partnered with Castaways Chicago for many years and always looks forward to the start of a new season. The hottest day party in the city officially opens it's doors on Friday, May 19th at North Avenue Beach! With music powered by The DJ Firm and live broadcasts by 103.5 Kiss FM + amazing food and drinks specials you can't go wrong with Castaways on your calendar!
Looking for a new and exciting way to entertain your wedding guests? Look no further! TDF was able to experience the latest trend in wedding fun; a silent disco. With two DJ's going head-to-head your guests can switch channels to enjoy the music they prefer, plus it allows guests who don't enjoy dancing to sit and have a conversation while watching an abundance of different dance moves unfold. Your parents can get down to "Love Shack" while the kids do the "Dougie!" The colors on the headphones will change depending on which channel you choose, producing some friendly competition between DJ's. The DJ Firm had the opportunity to DJ their first silent disco wedding; DJ Jem was on deck with Top 40 hits, while DJ Sye Young provided the throwbacks. If you're looking for a way to throw and epic afterparty without worrying about noise ordinances-visit Sound Off for equipment rental & contact TDF for your DJ's today!
Not only does The DJ Firm specialize in weddings and nightlife, but we also provide production for private events. Our collaboration with the AT&T Michigan Ave. store has given us numerous opportunities to showcase our expertise in sound, lighting and stage set-up that is catered to the client's specific needs. To name a few; we have been on site for events featuring music artists such as; Lee Brice, Cheat Codes, and Yazz the Greatest. We have provided production and music for events featuring hit TV shows such as; HBO's-Game of Thrones and the American drama series-Kingdom. We can also be found providing the soundtrack during special occasions such as; March Madness and Black Friday. Although The DJ Firm typically provides the entertainment for many events, sometimes you can catch us behind the scenes. Thank you to AT&T for rocking with TDF!
The DJ Firm is lucky to have the talents of DJ Kid Clay on our team. Not only does he leave a lasting impression on the Chicago nightlife scene, but he can regularly be found rocking private events for corporations such as; the Chicago Cubs and Nike. Kid Clay understands that "you can never stop learning when it comes to your craft and that being just good; isn't good enough." We invite you to explore some of his work through his exclusive mixes-rock with Clay!
What's better than having a professional DJ providing the soundtrack for your wedding night? A professional DJ + a professional drummer playing alongside each other for one unforgettable performance. We'd like to introduce you to Rocky Roppo; a drummer The DJ Firm is proud to collaborate with. When you link Rocky with one of our DJ's you are bound to provide your guests with one memorable experience. Take your wedding night to the next level with TDF!
Learn more about our Live Entertainment here.
Here are 9 wedding ideas that are TDF approved!
1. Informal Save-the-Date Cards
2. Confetti Poppers
3. Polaroid Guest Book
4. Guest Song Requests
5. Unique Table Numbers
6. Grandmas can be flower girls, too!
7. Live Entertainment Featuring a Wedding Caricature Artist or a Palm Reader
8. Guests will remember the food (truck!)
9. Prepare for the morning after!
The Underground Chicago is one of the city's most exclusive hot-spots in the nightlife scene. The collaboration between our DJ's and Underground started way before The DJ Firm even existed. Many of our Chicago-based DJ's have rocked Underground dating all the way back to 2006! This venue has always been a favorite of ours; mostly because of the energetic crowds, good vibes and the warm chocolate-chip cookies served late-night. Most recently we had an opportunity to collaborate with Underground in a different way; providing mixtapes made from scratch by our DJ's to showcase on Underground's weekly podcast. If you're looking for some mixes to motivate your work-out, get you through rush-hour or start your weekend--look no further!
(Click the photos below to link directly to the mixes created by our very own DJ HEAVY, DJ JEM, DJ SYE YOUNG & DJ DAILY; free on MixCloud and iTunes!)
Going to be in Chicago for St. Patrick's Day? You're in luck! The DJ Firm will be providing the soundtrack at some of the hottest St. Patrick's Day parties in the city. The dying of the Chicago River takes place at 9am, followed by the 2018 St. Patrick's Day parade kicking off from the intersection of Columbus and Balbo Drives at noon. However, if you're still looking for a St. Patrick's Day hot-spot to gather with your friends take a look below and get your tickets now! Cheers!
- My full name is Carlington Dwayne Young, but I go by SYE!
- I didn't know my name was Carlington until I was 10 because everyone called me Dwayne, I didn't even know how to spell Carlington.
- I named my daughter after a bartender in Boston. Her name is Jocelyn and she's my world!
- I was born in Jamaica and my favorite Jamaican dish are my dad's fried dumplings. I could never say no to a good beef patty either.
- My favorite movie is A Bronx Tale.
- And I'm addicted to Sports Center!
- I wrestled for 10 years in high school and college.
- I was the leader of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in high school and the president in college.
- It's hard for me to use a public bathroom, I have to wait until everyone is gone or find a private one!
- I am Biggie Smalls biggest fan.
- I had a Pit-Bull Terrier named Mimi. I named my dog after Mariah Carey because she's my favorite female artist.
- In sixth grade I stole a candy bar from a gas station and got caught, they said they were calling the police, so I ran! I also never stole again.
- I once thought there was such a thing as a mango-pineapple. It was just a regular pineapple.
- I'm diabetic.
- My favorite place to DJ is The City in Cancun, Mexico because it's so huge!
- I've really only hurt myself badly one time, I tore my calf muscle when I was a junior in high school.
- I hate snakes. I can't even watch a movie with snakes because it scares me. Anaconda was a horror movie for me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17, across the street from the Northwestern football stadium.
- I once found $500 in a club on Halloween.
- My dream is to own the biggest entertainment company in Chicago, get to know TDF!
These are all things you will do at Fremont Chicago located in River North. This exclusive bi-level hot-spot hosts one of the best boozy brunches turned day party experiences in the city. Grab your friends on a Saturday or Sunday and indulge in their all-you-can-eat buffet featuring a carving station, doughnut wall and boozy desserts before heading upstairs to the rooftop for drinks and dancing to a live DJ. The DJ Firm can be found dropping beats at Fremont regularly!
Fremont Chicago has your weeknights covered, too, offering Boozy Bingo on Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays and Happy Hour every Friday from 5-7pm! Catch DJ HEAVY throwing down a day party on Saturday, March 3rd (12p-3p) and Saturday, March 24th (3p-6p) and catch DJ JEM there on Saturday, March 17th (3p-6p) and Sunday, March 25th (3p-6p)! Don't be the only person who hasn't experienced the best bottomless mimosa boozy brunch Chicago has to offer!
The DJ Firm brings you our very own #TBT featuring many of the artists we've had the opportunity to meet or work with over the years. There is never a dull moment with TDF!