TDF Radio’s newest podcast, episode 004, is now LIVE! This month we are featuring sounds by DJ Kyle Conley!
PLAY, LISTEN, SHARE @thedjfirm
If there’s one thing The DJ Firm knows, it’s how to throw a party. With experienced DJ’s crushing some of the hottest nightclubs, the only thing better, is when you get them all at the same nightclub, at the same time. We introduce to you; TDF Takeovers! They don’t happen too often, but when they do, you don’t want to miss out. Some of the most memorable TDF Takeovers have happened at Social 25 Chicago, PRYSM Nightclub, Underground and The Trap House. Stay up-to-date with The DJ Firm DJ’s and schedules on our Instagram @thedjfirm!
TDF Takeover at Social 25 Chicago featuring Plan B Promo vs. The DJ Firm!
Ready to hire TDF for your next event? Click here to request more info!
On behalf of our entire TDF team we would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported us this year. We are truly grateful to every client, venue and company that has chosen to work with us, especially in a world filled with options. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to give you an experience that will last a lifetime!
The DJ Firm offers only the best talent to our current and prospective clients. One reason our DJ line up is so strong is because they have had so many years of experience at many of Chicago’s hottest venues. We encourage everyone to come and check us out, LIVE. There’s no better way to ensure you’re locking in the right company for your wedding, corporate or private event, than by partying with The Firm! We are coming in hot for December and we’d love for you to join us!
The DJ Firm is preparing to debut it’s newest segment next month; TDF Radio! You’ll have access to the latest and most exclusive mixes created by some of the most talented DJ’s we know, and you’ll be able to enjoy these custom soundtracks at any time. DJ Sye Young has already been in the kitchen cooking up the first mix and we can’t wait for you to hear it! Stay tuned!
CHI thee WED is one of the first Chicago-only wedding and inspiration blogs featuring some of Chicago’s top wedding and event vendors. This month The DJ Firm was included in their feature of Emily and John’s beautiful wedding that took place at the Zhou B Art Center back in August. Click here to view the blog post and thank you for rocking with Jem and TDF!
The DJ Firm prides itself on supporting all of the DJ talent Chicago has to offer. On Deck DJ’s is giving you another opportunity to connect with some of the best DJ’s in the Chicagoland area. If you’re looking to book a DJ for your wedding, corporate event or private party, they’ve also got you covered! Some of the DJ’s on their line-up include; DJ Swiss Kid, DJ Sho, and DJ Powers. With many years of experience in the private event and nightlife industry; they are ready to redefine your view of a great party!
The DJ Firm is made up of some of the best talent you’ll find in the Chicago-land area. Each DJ brings their own unique style and creativity when it comes to mixing music live or when producing music independently. Our DJ’s provide soundtracks for many of your Chicago-based work-out classes you attend, clubs and bars you frequent and special events. We’ve had some inquires lately on where mixes can be found to listen to on your own time, so click the photos below to check them out!
This month DJ Heavy dropped some Throwback Thursday heat for Underground Chicago's podcast! DJ Heavy is "a perfectionist when it comes to mixing music. It's not only about picking the right songs, but mixing it the right way. I want to make it seamless, flawless." He's an expert when it comes to mixing and is easily one of Chicago's top DJ's! Click below to listen and click here to book DJ Heavy for your next event! #cautionitsheavy
Concrete Cowboy Chicago is one of River North's latest hot-spots. Located at 646 N. Franklin St. this is the perfect place to go with friends on Throwback Thursdays, during the day to order food & catch a game or at night when it transforms into the best combination of sports bar and night club. Although the name is Concrete Cowboy and you can sometimes catch a mechanical bull on site for Sunday Funday; you will not hear country music. The DJ Firm books the DJ's and will keep you moving to your favorite Top 40, hip-hop and throwback jams. The reason we love Concrete Cowboy? The staff is amazing, the diverse crowd is fun and this isn't their first rodeo; you're guaranteed a good time!
The DJ Firm's own, DJ Jem and DJ Sye Young, were pleased to provide the soundtrack for Arlington Park's annual Independence Day Fireworks Night this year! With an expected crowd of over 40,000 people TDF was ready to deliver the entertainment leading up to one of the best and longest fireworks display in Arlington's history! Thank you for rocking with The DJ Firm!
Click HERE to book The DJ Firm for your next event!
- My real name is Clarence, but everyone knows me by my middle name, Eric or Jem.
- I got my first pair of turntables when I was 19; I hosted and threw college parties.
- My dad was a DJ, but he doesn't have a DJ name. He DJ'd house parties and parties in the Caribbean.
- My family is from Belize.
- My favorite artist right now is Bruno Mars because he's a great performer.
- I hate avocados. I used to hate tomatoes, but I can tolerate them now.
- I used to ride a motorcycle, I'd love to get one again, but my wife would kill me!
- My wife inspires me to be better every day.
- I used to be a graffiti artist; I drew a self portrait of Sye Young, but we lost it.
- I played football all through middle school, high school and college; I played defensive tackle.
- I coached high school football for a year.
- I've lost over 100 pounds!
- However, my proudest moment was when my son was born.
- When asked what my dream is in life; I just want my son to be successful!
- I love movies! My favorite movie is Man on Fire, followed by, Armageddon and Independence Day.
- My favorite drink is tequila and tropical Red Bull. My favorite tequila is Casamigos.
- What keeps me up at night? My English Bulldog, Diego. He never stops barking!
- I'm really into Cross-Fit & Shred 415.
- The most annoying question I get asked while DJing is; What we got coming up next?
- But I truly love what I do for a living and not everyone can say that!
Looking for a new and exciting way to entertain your wedding guests? Look no further! TDF was able to experience the latest trend in wedding fun; a silent disco. With two DJ's going head-to-head your guests can switch channels to enjoy the music they prefer, plus it allows guests who don't enjoy dancing to sit and have a conversation while watching an abundance of different dance moves unfold. Your parents can get down to "Love Shack" while the kids do the "Dougie!" The colors on the headphones will change depending on which channel you choose, producing some friendly competition between DJ's. The DJ Firm had the opportunity to DJ their first silent disco wedding; DJ Jem was on deck with Top 40 hits, while DJ Sye Young provided the throwbacks. If you're looking for a way to throw and epic afterparty without worrying about noise ordinances-visit Sound Off for equipment rental & contact TDF for your DJ's today!
The DJ Firm is lucky to have the talents of DJ Kid Clay on our team. Not only does he leave a lasting impression on the Chicago nightlife scene, but he can regularly be found rocking private events for corporations such as; the Chicago Cubs and Nike. Kid Clay understands that "you can never stop learning when it comes to your craft and that being just good; isn't good enough." We invite you to explore some of his work through his exclusive mixes-rock with Clay!
What's better than having a professional DJ providing the soundtrack for your wedding night? A professional DJ + a professional drummer playing alongside each other for one unforgettable performance. We'd like to introduce you to Rocky Roppo; a drummer The DJ Firm is proud to collaborate with. When you link Rocky with one of our DJ's you are bound to provide your guests with one memorable experience. Take your wedding night to the next level with TDF!
Learn more about our Live Entertainment here.
- My full name is Carlington Dwayne Young, but I go by SYE!
- I didn't know my name was Carlington until I was 10 because everyone called me Dwayne, I didn't even know how to spell Carlington.
- I named my daughter after a bartender in Boston. Her name is Jocelyn and she's my world!
- I was born in Jamaica and my favorite Jamaican dish are my dad's fried dumplings. I could never say no to a good beef patty either.
- My favorite movie is A Bronx Tale.
- And I'm addicted to Sports Center!
- I wrestled for 10 years in high school and college.
- I was the leader of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in high school and the president in college.
- It's hard for me to use a public bathroom, I have to wait until everyone is gone or find a private one!
- I am Biggie Smalls biggest fan.
- I had a Pit-Bull Terrier named Mimi. I named my dog after Mariah Carey because she's my favorite female artist.
- In sixth grade I stole a candy bar from a gas station and got caught, they said they were calling the police, so I ran! I also never stole again.
- I once thought there was such a thing as a mango-pineapple. It was just a regular pineapple.
- I'm diabetic.
- My favorite place to DJ is The City in Cancun, Mexico because it's so huge!
- I've really only hurt myself badly one time, I tore my calf muscle when I was a junior in high school.
- I hate snakes. I can't even watch a movie with snakes because it scares me. Anaconda was a horror movie for me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17, across the street from the Northwestern football stadium.
- I once found $500 in a club on Halloween.
- My dream is to own the biggest entertainment company in Chicago, get to know TDF!
The DJ Firm was on the move in Minnesota for Super Bowl LII weekend. First stop; Wheels Up Super Saturday Tail Gate--the ultimate Super Bowl pre-party for all of their elite members and guests. Wheels Up is a private aviation company offering memberships for individuals and families or businesses and corporations. What we know about Wheels Up is that they provide unwavering safety and impeccable service, but they also know how to throw one hell of a party and The DJ Firm was there to witness it!
The DJ Firm was also in the building at the 2018 Big Game Big Give Fundraising Event; voted the number one Super Bowl party by ESPN Magazine. This year the celebrity host was Jamie Foxx, alongside Shaquille O'Neill. The Giving Back Fund (GBF) is a national nonprofit organization that encourages and facilitates charitable giving by professional athletes , celebrities, high net worth individuals, existing nonprofit organizations and corporations and others who truly desire to give back. Catch a glimpse of this lavish party in the video below!
The last leg of Super Bowl weekend was spent on the decks at Union Rooftop for one of the hottest Super Bowl after-parties in Minneapolis! Thank you to everyone who rocked with TDF all weekend and congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles!