The DJ Firm offers only the best talent to our current and prospective clients. One reason our DJ line up is so strong is because they have had so many years of experience at many of Chicago’s hottest venues. We encourage everyone to come and check us out, LIVE. There’s no better way to ensure you’re locking in the right company for your wedding, corporate or private event, than by partying with The Firm! We are coming in hot for December and we’d love for you to join us!
Look at that VU! VU Rooftop Bar is the newest hotspot on Chicago’s South side. Located at 133 E. Cermak Road and twenty-two floors up, you can enjoy patios full of fire-pits, three bars, a karaoke room and shared plates prepared by executive chef; Nolan Narut. Developed and operated by the same company as ROOF on theWit; Concentrics Restaurant Group, we are excited to see another rooftop space opening in Chicago! The DJ Firm is happy to partner with and provide the soundtrack for VU Rooftop Bar, so grab your friends and check it out!
Concrete Cowboy Chicago is one of River North's latest hot-spots. Located at 646 N. Franklin St. this is the perfect place to go with friends on Throwback Thursdays, during the day to order food & catch a game or at night when it transforms into the best combination of sports bar and night club. Although the name is Concrete Cowboy and you can sometimes catch a mechanical bull on site for Sunday Funday; you will not hear country music. The DJ Firm books the DJ's and will keep you moving to your favorite Top 40, hip-hop and throwback jams. The reason we love Concrete Cowboy? The staff is amazing, the diverse crowd is fun and this isn't their first rodeo; you're guaranteed a good time!
The Underground Chicago is one of the city's most exclusive hot-spots in the nightlife scene. The collaboration between our DJ's and Underground started way before The DJ Firm even existed. Many of our Chicago-based DJ's have rocked Underground dating all the way back to 2006! This venue has always been a favorite of ours; mostly because of the energetic crowds, good vibes and the warm chocolate-chip cookies served late-night. Most recently we had an opportunity to collaborate with Underground in a different way; providing mixtapes made from scratch by our DJ's to showcase on Underground's weekly podcast. If you're looking for some mixes to motivate your work-out, get you through rush-hour or start your weekend--look no further!
(Click the photos below to link directly to the mixes created by our very own DJ HEAVY, DJ JEM, DJ SYE YOUNG & DJ DAILY; free on MixCloud and iTunes!)
- My full name is Carlington Dwayne Young, but I go by SYE!
- I didn't know my name was Carlington until I was 10 because everyone called me Dwayne, I didn't even know how to spell Carlington.
- I named my daughter after a bartender in Boston. Her name is Jocelyn and she's my world!
- I was born in Jamaica and my favorite Jamaican dish are my dad's fried dumplings. I could never say no to a good beef patty either.
- My favorite movie is A Bronx Tale.
- And I'm addicted to Sports Center!
- I wrestled for 10 years in high school and college.
- I was the leader of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in high school and the president in college.
- It's hard for me to use a public bathroom, I have to wait until everyone is gone or find a private one!
- I am Biggie Smalls biggest fan.
- I had a Pit-Bull Terrier named Mimi. I named my dog after Mariah Carey because she's my favorite female artist.
- In sixth grade I stole a candy bar from a gas station and got caught, they said they were calling the police, so I ran! I also never stole again.
- I once thought there was such a thing as a mango-pineapple. It was just a regular pineapple.
- I'm diabetic.
- My favorite place to DJ is The City in Cancun, Mexico because it's so huge!
- I've really only hurt myself badly one time, I tore my calf muscle when I was a junior in high school.
- I hate snakes. I can't even watch a movie with snakes because it scares me. Anaconda was a horror movie for me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17, across the street from the Northwestern football stadium.
- I once found $500 in a club on Halloween.
- My dream is to own the biggest entertainment company in Chicago, get to know TDF!
Union Bar & Grill is known to be one of the best rooftops in the Twin Cities. With multiple levels for brunching, dining and partying you are bound to have a good time at this venue. Their year-round rooftop is amazing. During the winter months you can enjoy dinner and dancing underneath the glass roof displaying breathtaking views of downtown Minneapolis and it's the ultimate rooftop experience in the summertime.
Union Rooftop flies in national DJ's every weekend and The DJ Firm checks in almost every Saturday night. If you're in the Minneapolis area, make sure you stop by and check it out!
This year The DJ Firm will be teaming up with Union Rooftop, 6ONE7 Production and 235 Entertainment for an epic Super Bowl after party. You won't want to miss it, so grab your tickets now!
The DJ Firm Story
From Big Boy Music to The DJ Firm, Carlington Young and Eric Sampson have come a long way since their early years on the Chicago DJ scene. You might know them as DJ Sye Young and Jem, owners of TDF.
Eric and Carl met in high school where their passion for music and DJing took off. They went from renting out venues to throw parties in college to being hired at some of Chicago's hottest venues. One of their first gigs was at Fitz's Pub in Elmhurst, IL back in 2003, now they can be found spinning all over the mid-west.
In 2013, Carl decided to take his business to the next level and had a vision for something that would make an impact on the Chicago DJ industry. He teamed up with Eric and the two of them created The DJ Firm. Since 2013, they have rapidly expanded, not only in the nightlife industry, but in the wedding scene, event production and continue to make connections in the corporate world. They've hired on some of the most talented DJ's to join the TDF team and continue to lock-in new clients every day.
The bottom line is; if you want your event executed, you want TDF.