This month DJ Heavy dropped some Throwback Thursday heat for Underground Chicago's podcast! DJ Heavy is "a perfectionist when it comes to mixing music. It's not only about picking the right songs, but mixing it the right way. I want to make it seamless, flawless." He's an expert when it comes to mixing and is easily one of Chicago's top DJ's! Click below to listen and click here to book DJ Heavy for your next event! #cautionitsheavy
The DJ Firm specializes in weddings, corporate events, production and nightlife, but occasionally show up and show out for the kids! This month we provided the soundtrack at a preschool dance for children ages 2-5 and their families. Parents participated in The Limbo, our littlest DJ's had an opportunity to practice their skills on the turntables and everyone belted out the words to their favorite "Frozen" songs. The DJ Firm truly does it all!
Click HERE to book The DJ Firm for your next corporate event!
- My real name is Clarence, but everyone knows me by my middle name, Eric or Jem.
- I got my first pair of turntables when I was 19; I hosted and threw college parties.
- My dad was a DJ, but he doesn't have a DJ name. He DJ'd house parties and parties in the Caribbean.
- My family is from Belize.
- My favorite artist right now is Bruno Mars because he's a great performer.
- I hate avocados. I used to hate tomatoes, but I can tolerate them now.
- I used to ride a motorcycle, I'd love to get one again, but my wife would kill me!
- My wife inspires me to be better every day.
- I used to be a graffiti artist; I drew a self portrait of Sye Young, but we lost it.
- I played football all through middle school, high school and college; I played defensive tackle.
- I coached high school football for a year.
- I've lost over 100 pounds!
- However, my proudest moment was when my son was born.
- When asked what my dream is in life; I just want my son to be successful!
- I love movies! My favorite movie is Man on Fire, followed by, Armageddon and Independence Day.
- My favorite drink is tequila and tropical Red Bull. My favorite tequila is Casamigos.
- What keeps me up at night? My English Bulldog, Diego. He never stops barking!
- I'm really into Cross-Fit & Shred 415.
- The most annoying question I get asked while DJing is; What we got coming up next?
- But I truly love what I do for a living and not everyone can say that!
Wedding Wire is a website that allows you to find local wedding venues and vendors in a "stress-free, hassle-free and just plain free way!" Not only can you plan your wedding with the help of Wedding Wire; but you can complete your registry, find inspiration and read the latest reviews before making any important decisions. The DJ Firm is a trusted Wedding Wire vendor, click below to get more information on what we offer and to read some of our glowing reviews! Book The DJ Firm today and let us give you an experience to last a lifetime!
Winter lasted a nice long nine months, but summer 2018 is almost here! The DJ Firm has partnered with Castaways Chicago for many years and always looks forward to the start of a new season. The hottest day party in the city officially opens it's doors on Friday, May 19th at North Avenue Beach! With music powered by The DJ Firm and live broadcasts by 103.5 Kiss FM + amazing food and drinks specials you can't go wrong with Castaways on your calendar!
Not only does The DJ Firm specialize in weddings and nightlife, but we also provide production for private events. Our collaboration with the AT&T Michigan Ave. store has given us numerous opportunities to showcase our expertise in sound, lighting and stage set-up that is catered to the client's specific needs. To name a few; we have been on site for events featuring music artists such as; Lee Brice, Cheat Codes, and Yazz the Greatest. We have provided production and music for events featuring hit TV shows such as; HBO's-Game of Thrones and the American drama series-Kingdom. We can also be found providing the soundtrack during special occasions such as; March Madness and Black Friday. Although The DJ Firm typically provides the entertainment for many events, sometimes you can catch us behind the scenes. Thank you to AT&T for rocking with TDF!
The DJ Firm is lucky to have the talents of DJ Kid Clay on our team. Not only does he leave a lasting impression on the Chicago nightlife scene, but he can regularly be found rocking private events for corporations such as; the Chicago Cubs and Nike. Kid Clay understands that "you can never stop learning when it comes to your craft and that being just good; isn't good enough." We invite you to explore some of his work through his exclusive mixes-rock with Clay!
What's better than having a professional DJ providing the soundtrack for your wedding night? A professional DJ + a professional drummer playing alongside each other for one unforgettable performance. We'd like to introduce you to Rocky Roppo; a drummer The DJ Firm is proud to collaborate with. When you link Rocky with one of our DJ's you are bound to provide your guests with one memorable experience. Take your wedding night to the next level with TDF!
Learn more about our Live Entertainment here.
The Underground Chicago is one of the city's most exclusive hot-spots in the nightlife scene. The collaboration between our DJ's and Underground started way before The DJ Firm even existed. Many of our Chicago-based DJ's have rocked Underground dating all the way back to 2006! This venue has always been a favorite of ours; mostly because of the energetic crowds, good vibes and the warm chocolate-chip cookies served late-night. Most recently we had an opportunity to collaborate with Underground in a different way; providing mixtapes made from scratch by our DJ's to showcase on Underground's weekly podcast. If you're looking for some mixes to motivate your work-out, get you through rush-hour or start your weekend--look no further!
(Click the photos below to link directly to the mixes created by our very own DJ HEAVY, DJ JEM, DJ SYE YOUNG & DJ DAILY; free on MixCloud and iTunes!)
- My full name is Carlington Dwayne Young, but I go by SYE!
- I didn't know my name was Carlington until I was 10 because everyone called me Dwayne, I didn't even know how to spell Carlington.
- I named my daughter after a bartender in Boston. Her name is Jocelyn and she's my world!
- I was born in Jamaica and my favorite Jamaican dish are my dad's fried dumplings. I could never say no to a good beef patty either.
- My favorite movie is A Bronx Tale.
- And I'm addicted to Sports Center!
- I wrestled for 10 years in high school and college.
- I was the leader of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in high school and the president in college.
- It's hard for me to use a public bathroom, I have to wait until everyone is gone or find a private one!
- I am Biggie Smalls biggest fan.
- I had a Pit-Bull Terrier named Mimi. I named my dog after Mariah Carey because she's my favorite female artist.
- In sixth grade I stole a candy bar from a gas station and got caught, they said they were calling the police, so I ran! I also never stole again.
- I once thought there was such a thing as a mango-pineapple. It was just a regular pineapple.
- I'm diabetic.
- My favorite place to DJ is The City in Cancun, Mexico because it's so huge!
- I've really only hurt myself badly one time, I tore my calf muscle when I was a junior in high school.
- I hate snakes. I can't even watch a movie with snakes because it scares me. Anaconda was a horror movie for me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17, across the street from the Northwestern football stadium.
- I once found $500 in a club on Halloween.
- My dream is to own the biggest entertainment company in Chicago, get to know TDF!
The DJ Firm brings you our very own #TBT featuring many of the artists we've had the opportunity to meet or work with over the years. There is never a dull moment with TDF!
The DJ Firm has had the opportunity to collaborate with one of Chicago's hottest and growing fitness studios in the city. You can regularly find DJ SYE YOUNG rocking a live DJ class at Shred's South Loop location or JEM jamming in the suburbs at Shred's Hinsdale location. This 60-minute, instructor led class is based on interval training between treadmill and floor exercises and will leave you feeling fired-up and strong. If you can't catch one of their live DJ classes, don't worry, many of the mixes you'll hear during your session were created by TDF. Our goal is to have the music you hear keep you moving and motivated, check out one of their classes today and find DJ SYE YOUNG turning up a live DJ class at the South Loop location on Friday, January 5th!
The DJ Firm Story
From Big Boy Music to The DJ Firm, Carlington Young and Eric Sampson have come a long way since their early years on the Chicago DJ scene. You might know them as DJ Sye Young and Jem, owners of TDF.
Eric and Carl met in high school where their passion for music and DJing took off. They went from renting out venues to throw parties in college to being hired at some of Chicago's hottest venues. One of their first gigs was at Fitz's Pub in Elmhurst, IL back in 2003, now they can be found spinning all over the mid-west.
In 2013, Carl decided to take his business to the next level and had a vision for something that would make an impact on the Chicago DJ industry. He teamed up with Eric and the two of them created The DJ Firm. Since 2013, they have rapidly expanded, not only in the nightlife industry, but in the wedding scene, event production and continue to make connections in the corporate world. They've hired on some of the most talented DJ's to join the TDF team and continue to lock-in new clients every day.
The bottom line is; if you want your event executed, you want TDF.
TDF AND ASWEATLIFE TEAM UP TO PROVIDE YOU THE ULTIMATE MIXES FOR THE 2017 CHICAGO MARATHON!
Here are some of the top mixes to keep you moving for this year Chicago Marathon! Four 60 minute mixes filled with all your favorite pop, rock, old school and top 40 jams! We definitely want to give a big shout out to the CEO of Asweatlife and our partner on this project Jeana Anderson Cohen! Thank you for your support and good luck to everyone participating in this years Chicago Marathon! PLAY, LISTEN, RUN