On behalf of our entire TDF team we would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported us this year. We are truly grateful to every client, venue and company that has chosen to work with us, especially in a world filled with options. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to give you an experience that will last a lifetime!
The second installment of The DJ Firm Podcast is here! Jem drops a dope mix for the weekend! PLAY, LISTEN & SHARE @thedjfirm!
The DJ Firm offers only the best talent to our current and prospective clients. One reason our DJ line up is so strong is because they have had so many years of experience at many of Chicago’s hottest venues. We encourage everyone to come and check us out, LIVE. There’s no better way to ensure you’re locking in the right company for your wedding, corporate or private event, than by partying with The Firm! We are coming in hot for December and we’d love for you to join us!
The DJ Firm can customize the music we play at your wedding or private event to include all of your favorite songs and genres! Here are 15 songs that are guaranteed to get your guests off their seat and onto their feet! After all, a case won is a dance floor packed, and The DJ Firm has a perfect record. Comment below what songs you love to hear at weddings!
Hold On by Wilson Phillips
Twist & Shout by The Beatles
Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard
Happy by Pharrell Williams
Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson
Marry You by Bruno Mars
Walking on Broken Glass by Annie Lennox
Jump Around by House of Pain
The Locomotion by Little Eva
Latch by Disclosure featuring Sam Smith
Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
Let Me Clear My Throat by DJ Cool
Apache (Jump on it) by Sugar Hill Gang
My Boo by Ghost Town DJ
Click here for more information on what The DJ Firm has to offer!
The 1st installment of The DJ Firm Podcast is here; DJ Sye Young sets the tone with fire beats! Download below and PLAY, LISTEN and SHARE @thedjfirm! Thank you for rocking with TDF & enjoy!
The DJ Firm is preparing to debut it’s newest segment next month; TDF Radio! You’ll have access to the latest and most exclusive mixes created by some of the most talented DJ’s we know, and you’ll be able to enjoy these custom soundtracks at any time. DJ Sye Young has already been in the kitchen cooking up the first mix and we can’t wait for you to hear it! Stay tuned!
The DJ Firm prides itself on supporting all of the DJ talent Chicago has to offer. On Deck DJ’s is giving you another opportunity to connect with some of the best DJ’s in the Chicagoland area. If you’re looking to book a DJ for your wedding, corporate event or private party, they’ve also got you covered! Some of the DJ’s on their line-up include; DJ Swiss Kid, DJ Sho, and DJ Powers. With many years of experience in the private event and nightlife industry; they are ready to redefine your view of a great party!
The DJ Firm is made up of some of the best talent you’ll find in the Chicago-land area. Each DJ brings their own unique style and creativity when it comes to mixing music live or when producing music independently. Our DJ’s provide soundtracks for many of your Chicago-based work-out classes you attend, clubs and bars you frequent and special events. We’ve had some inquires lately on where mixes can be found to listen to on your own time, so click the photos below to check them out!
This month DJ Heavy dropped some Throwback Thursday heat for Underground Chicago's podcast! DJ Heavy is "a perfectionist when it comes to mixing music. It's not only about picking the right songs, but mixing it the right way. I want to make it seamless, flawless." He's an expert when it comes to mixing and is easily one of Chicago's top DJ's! Click below to listen and click here to book DJ Heavy for your next event! #cautionitsheavy
The DJ Firm specializes in weddings, corporate events, production and nightlife, but occasionally show up and show out for the kids! This month we provided the soundtrack at a preschool dance for children ages 2-5 and their families. Parents participated in The Limbo, our littlest DJ's had an opportunity to practice their skills on the turntables and everyone belted out the words to their favorite "Frozen" songs. The DJ Firm truly does it all!
Click HERE to book The DJ Firm for your next corporate event!
- My real name is Clarence, but everyone knows me by my middle name, Eric or Jem.
- I got my first pair of turntables when I was 19; I hosted and threw college parties.
- My dad was a DJ, but he doesn't have a DJ name. He DJ'd house parties and parties in the Caribbean.
- My family is from Belize.
- My favorite artist right now is Bruno Mars because he's a great performer.
- I hate avocados. I used to hate tomatoes, but I can tolerate them now.
- I used to ride a motorcycle, I'd love to get one again, but my wife would kill me!
- My wife inspires me to be better every day.
- I used to be a graffiti artist; I drew a self portrait of Sye Young, but we lost it.
- I played football all through middle school, high school and college; I played defensive tackle.
- I coached high school football for a year.
- I've lost over 100 pounds!
- However, my proudest moment was when my son was born.
- When asked what my dream is in life; I just want my son to be successful!
- I love movies! My favorite movie is Man on Fire, followed by, Armageddon and Independence Day.
- My favorite drink is tequila and tropical Red Bull. My favorite tequila is Casamigos.
- What keeps me up at night? My English Bulldog, Diego. He never stops barking!
- I'm really into Cross-Fit & Shred 415.
- The most annoying question I get asked while DJing is; What we got coming up next?
- But I truly love what I do for a living and not everyone can say that!
Wedding Wire is a website that allows you to find local wedding venues and vendors in a "stress-free, hassle-free and just plain free way!" Not only can you plan your wedding with the help of Wedding Wire; but you can complete your registry, find inspiration and read the latest reviews before making any important decisions. The DJ Firm is a trusted Wedding Wire vendor, click below to get more information on what we offer and to read some of our glowing reviews! Book The DJ Firm today and let us give you an experience to last a lifetime!
Winter lasted a nice long nine months, but summer 2018 is almost here! The DJ Firm has partnered with Castaways Chicago for many years and always looks forward to the start of a new season. The hottest day party in the city officially opens it's doors on Friday, May 19th at North Avenue Beach! With music powered by The DJ Firm and live broadcasts by 103.5 Kiss FM + amazing food and drinks specials you can't go wrong with Castaways on your calendar!
Not only does The DJ Firm specialize in weddings and nightlife, but we also provide production for private events. Our collaboration with the AT&T Michigan Ave. store has given us numerous opportunities to showcase our expertise in sound, lighting and stage set-up that is catered to the client's specific needs. To name a few; we have been on site for events featuring music artists such as; Lee Brice, Cheat Codes, and Yazz the Greatest. We have provided production and music for events featuring hit TV shows such as; HBO's-Game of Thrones and the American drama series-Kingdom. We can also be found providing the soundtrack during special occasions such as; March Madness and Black Friday. Although The DJ Firm typically provides the entertainment for many events, sometimes you can catch us behind the scenes. Thank you to AT&T for rocking with TDF!
The DJ Firm is lucky to have the talents of DJ Kid Clay on our team. Not only does he leave a lasting impression on the Chicago nightlife scene, but he can regularly be found rocking private events for corporations such as; the Chicago Cubs and Nike. Kid Clay understands that "you can never stop learning when it comes to your craft and that being just good; isn't good enough." We invite you to explore some of his work through his exclusive mixes-rock with Clay!
What's better than having a professional DJ providing the soundtrack for your wedding night? A professional DJ + a professional drummer playing alongside each other for one unforgettable performance. We'd like to introduce you to Rocky Roppo; a drummer The DJ Firm is proud to collaborate with. When you link Rocky with one of our DJ's you are bound to provide your guests with one memorable experience. Take your wedding night to the next level with TDF!
Learn more about our Live Entertainment here.
The Underground Chicago is one of the city's most exclusive hot-spots in the nightlife scene. The collaboration between our DJ's and Underground started way before The DJ Firm even existed. Many of our Chicago-based DJ's have rocked Underground dating all the way back to 2006! This venue has always been a favorite of ours; mostly because of the energetic crowds, good vibes and the warm chocolate-chip cookies served late-night. Most recently we had an opportunity to collaborate with Underground in a different way; providing mixtapes made from scratch by our DJ's to showcase on Underground's weekly podcast. If you're looking for some mixes to motivate your work-out, get you through rush-hour or start your weekend--look no further!
(Click the photos below to link directly to the mixes created by our very own DJ HEAVY, DJ JEM, DJ SYE YOUNG & DJ DAILY; free on MixCloud and iTunes!)
- My full name is Carlington Dwayne Young, but I go by SYE!
- I didn't know my name was Carlington until I was 10 because everyone called me Dwayne, I didn't even know how to spell Carlington.
- I named my daughter after a bartender in Boston. Her name is Jocelyn and she's my world!
- I was born in Jamaica and my favorite Jamaican dish are my dad's fried dumplings. I could never say no to a good beef patty either.
- My favorite movie is A Bronx Tale.
- And I'm addicted to Sports Center!
- I wrestled for 10 years in high school and college.
- I was the leader of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in high school and the president in college.
- It's hard for me to use a public bathroom, I have to wait until everyone is gone or find a private one!
- I am Biggie Smalls biggest fan.
- I had a Pit-Bull Terrier named Mimi. I named my dog after Mariah Carey because she's my favorite female artist.
- In sixth grade I stole a candy bar from a gas station and got caught, they said they were calling the police, so I ran! I also never stole again.
- I once thought there was such a thing as a mango-pineapple. It was just a regular pineapple.
- I'm diabetic.
- My favorite place to DJ is The City in Cancun, Mexico because it's so huge!
- I've really only hurt myself badly one time, I tore my calf muscle when I was a junior in high school.
- I hate snakes. I can't even watch a movie with snakes because it scares me. Anaconda was a horror movie for me.
- I had my first kiss when I was 17, across the street from the Northwestern football stadium.
- I once found $500 in a club on Halloween.
- My dream is to own the biggest entertainment company in Chicago, get to know TDF!